We support programmes that are clearly aligned with any of the Focus Areas we invest in – Education; Community Development; Environment; Arts, Heritage & Culture; Knowledge; and Public Spaces.
Your organisation is eligible for our grant if you:
– Are registered with either the Registrar of Society (ROS) or Registrar of Companies (ROC) for at least 2 years; and
– Have audited financial accounts for the past 2 years.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
We seek out projects which not only fit into our five focus areas, but also demonstrate the following:
– Positive change in the community or beneficiaries
– Results – measurable outputs, outcomes and social impact
– Replicable, or scalable
– Shows long-term thinking
– Potential to become a voice in policy-making
WE DO NOT SUPPORT
– Direct donations or grants to individuals
– Projects concerned with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences or congresses; or for studies and training courses
– Projects which are not within our five focus areas
– Projects which support political campaigns
– Projects focused on construction activities, purchase of equipment, purchase and/or renovation of buildings or offices for commercial purposes
– Projects aimed predominantly at charitable donations and profit making activities
– Projects which are already funded by another Hasanah grant and still on-going at the time of application of a new grant
– Faith-based projects and activities
Caption: Our funding for Education goes towards supporting transformation in public schools, so that every child has access to quality education with an emphasis on holistic student outcomes (academic and non-academic), to ensure Malaysia’s next generation of graduates are able to meet the workplace demands of a competitive globalised economy.
Hasanah awards grants once a year. Here are some key points you should know about our grant cycle and funding amounts:
– The cycle opens in July, and shortlisted proposals will be presented to our Board of Trustees’ in November. All approved projects can commence January the following year.
– Funding is awarded up to a maximum of RM2,000,000 over a period of three (3) years. Pilot projects and projects which run for a shorter duration will be eligible for a smaller funding amount, depending on the duration and nature of project.
We provide two types of funding support – Organisational Development Funding (ODF), and Programme Management Funding (PMF). Very often, civil society organisations (CSOs) receive funding for their programmes, but lack the means to support or scale-up their operational needs. As an Impact-driven foundation, we recognise the importance for the sustainability of both the beneficiary-programmes, as well as the sustainability of the CSOs’ operations. This approach will strengthen the organisational capacity and lead to the achievement of long-term impact.
Our approach goes beyond ‘dollars and cents.’ Beyond funding, we seek to build the capacity within the civil society sector. CSOs that become Hasanah Partners also receive Hasanah’s support through strategic and business advice, training organisations and workshops, best practice sharing, networking opportunities and knowledge sharing across our network.
Caption: Our Partners are our champions and our beacon of change. We are proud to support and empower them to deliver value to vulnerable communities every day.
If your organisation serves a cause or has a project that is aligned with Hasanah’s mandate across our Focus Areas, and would like to apply for a grant with us, have a read of the Hasanah Grant Application Guidelines for further information and email us at email@example.com to obtain the application form.
Have a question? Please refer here for a list of
Click to View >
We have one grant cycle per year, which is awarded in November. Projects which are approved can commence in January the following year. Our grant cycle typically opens in July. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the exact date, as dates change yearly.
Yes, we provide funding up to a maximum of RM2,000,000 over a period of three years. Pilot projects and projects which run for a shorter duration will be eligible for a smaller funding amount.
Yes, you can, as long as your project fulfils the criteria stated in the Hasanah Grant Application Guidelines.
Yes, if the project for the Sponsorship and Grant differs.
All applications must be made on the application template provided by Hasanah. You must complete the application form, and submit that along with your Implementation Plan and a detailed breakdown of funding requested, along with other requested documentation as specified in the application form. Shortlisted applications will move on to the Due Diligence stage, before recommendations are made to the Hasanah Board of Trustees.